An age-old super-spice linked to soothing skin and benefiting general health
Turmeric has long been considered an essential ingredient for a healthy body. The plant belongs to the ginger family and its roots are ground into a delicious spice for cooking. It has powerful benefits for maintaining healthy levels of joint care and is considered a potent antioxidant. Used for aiding both human and horse, it has been linked to soothing stiffness, sustaining a healthy digestion and helping skin health.
The active component in turmeric is curcumin; this yellow pigmented powder is a wonder for the body because it:
- Supports healthy joints and soft tissues by lessening the impact of stiffness. This sustains optimum joint function.
- Aids healthy and natural digestive function whilst soothing the stomach lining
- It’s an excellent antioxidant which is hugely beneficial for overall health and wellbeing, benefiting almost every major system in the body
- Soothes the skin, including skin which itches or irritates
- Detoxifies the liver, helping to maintain healthy bile production in the gallbladder. This helps the liver effectively eliminate toxins and help the cells.
Omega Turmeric Extra contains the highest quality curcumin. Turmeric is soluble in oil, so Omega Equine has added oily flaxseed to the mix, ensuring ideal levels of absorption. This also provides extra nutritional benefits from incredible fatty acids, omega 3 and 6. Highly palatable, this super-spice has uses far beyond the kitchen, helping your horse feel bright and happy every day.
Crude Protein 18.0%
Crude Fibre 8.5%
Crude Oils & Fats 29.5%
Crude Ash 7.4%
Cooked Linseed Meal
Additives per kg:
Vitamin E E307 (alpha-tocopherol) 200mg